Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Emailing with Beth and Morgan

Today I sent this video to my friends Morgan and Beth:


Werner Herzog on Chickens from Tom Streithorst on Vimeo.

Morgan is a little/very obsessed with Werner Herzog, and feels strongly that a penguin wandering to "his certain doom" in one of Herzog's films is his "spirit penguin." Also, he is a vet, and in his professional opinion the views expressed in this clip are entirely accurate.



Beth replied with this Venn diagram displaying an intersection of Morgan's Top 3 Interests:

In case you can't tell, that is Werner Herzog, a chicken and (I think?) Sasquatch. This led to a Euler diagram of my Top Interests:
My Top Interests include, clockwise from top left: dinosaurs, bacon, nail polish and books. Really quite comprehensive, except for ONE GLARING OMISSION. As you can see below, the graphic has been amended to include...
...movies about time-traveling teenagers in the 1980s (this category includes Marty McFly and Bill & Ted, pictured above, but also the gang from Hot Tub Time Machine, which might be the movie in which I would most like to vacation). This revised version is posted on my cubicle wall to signal to my coworkers which non-work topics they are permitted to discuss with me.

This, of course, brought up the question of how these interests would intersect. In a Venn diagram, they clearly overlap. But when would nail polish and dinosaurs overlap in the Euler diagram above? Pressing questions, people.

And Beth is a woman of answers, creating this chart showing how each of my Top Interests interact with my other Top Interests. She was obviously very busy today...crafting this bitchin' chart!


I should carry this with me at all times. Perhaps have it printed on the backs of my business cards. Use it as the basis of a whole upper back tattoo. Shrink-wrap my car in it. Put it on the internet. Maybe blog about it a little.

Although upon further consideration, she did forget "Bears."

1 comment:

  1. Get your Summer Collections with over 50% discounts now!!! http://www.shopclues.com/index.php?dispatch=products.search&company_id=69063&search_performed=Y

    ReplyDelete